What Is a Landing Page?
A landing page is an online marketing tool that allows you to test the effectiveness of your website’s content and design before launching it into the world. A landing page can be used for any type of business, but it is most commonly associated with eCommerce websites.
The goal of a landing page is to get visitors to take action by signing up for a free trial or purchasing a product. In other words, they are sales pages.
The best way to create a successful landing page is to use conversion rate optimization (CRO) techniques. CRO is the process of optimizing web pages so that they convert more leads into customers. It involves testing different elements on a webpage such as headlines, images, calls-to-action, etc. until you find the combination that works best.
How To Create An Effective Landing Page For Your Business
1. Choose a topic. You should choose a topic that relates to your business. This will help you attract people who share similar interests with yours.
2. Write a headline. Make sure that the headline is compelling enough to make someone want to click through to read the rest of the article.
3. Use bullet points. Bullet points are easier to scan than long paragraphs. They also allow readers to focus on specific information without having to scroll down.
4. Include a call to action. The call to action should be something that encourages users to do what you want them to do.
5. Add images. Images add credibility to your landing page. People trust pictures more than text.
6. Test different layouts. Different layout options include single column, two columns, three columns, four columns, five columns, six columns, seven columns, eight columns, nine columns, and ten columns.
7. Optimize the page for mobile devices. Mobile traffic has increased dramatically over the past few years. If you don’t optimize your site for mobile devices, you could lose out on potential customers.
8. Test different colors. Colors have a huge impact on how people perceive a website. Try changing the background color from white to black, red, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, purple, gray, brown, or even dark gray.
9. Add social media buttons. Social media buttons let visitors share your content on their own social networks.
10. Add videos. Videos increase engagement because they are entertaining and engaging.
11. Use testimonials. Testimonials are powerful tools for convincing potential customers that your products work well.
12. Include a map. Maps show where your company is located and give visitors directions to your location.
13. Offer a discount. Offering discounts increase conversions.
14. Provide a form. Forms collect contact information from visitors.
15. Ask questions. Questions encourage visitors to provide answers.
16. Create a contest. Contests are fun ways to generate interest in your brand.
17. Promote your landing page on social media. Promoting your landing page on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+ helps drive traffic to it.
18. Include a blog post. Blog posts can help build authority and credibility.
19. Include an email sign-up box. Email sign-ups are one of the most effective ways to get new subscribers.
20. Include a newsletter sign-up box. Newsletter sign-ups are another great way to get new subscribers.