SEO South Africa – How Do I Know If My Website Has Been Found By Search Engines?
The easiest way to check if your website has been found by search engines is to go to Google and enter your business name +’site:’ followed by your domain name.
If your website appears in the top 3-5 listings, then you have been found by a search engine.
If it does not appear on the first page of the results, then there are several reasons why this could be happening:
1. Your site may be too new for the search engines to find it yet. This can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on how many other websites are already out there with similar content.
2. You may have made changes to your site that would make it less attractive to the search engines. For example, you might have changed your title tags or meta descriptions without changing them back after they were approved by the search engines.
3. The search engines may not know about your site because you haven’t submitted it to them yet. To do so, click here.
4. It’s possible that someone else has copied your content and is using their own website as a link farm. This is called ‘link spamming’.
5. There may be some technical problems with your website that prevent it from being indexed properly.
6. Your website design and content may simply not be very good.
7. Or, it could be any number of things that we don’t know about. This is why you should consult with an SEO Agency. They will be able to tell you what is going wrong with your website and help you correct it.
SEO South Africa – What Is On Page Optimisation?
On-page optimisation refers to all the elements on your website that affect